Saturday, April 2, 2011

Prayers and sleep update

Please pray for baby L, baby K, and little L. Baby L is Eden's age, and was also just diagnosed with MLD. She lives in Germany, and is in the hospital with a very high fever, tonsilitis, ear infection, and double pneumonia. Baby K is also Eden's age, and just diagnosed. Her oxygen levels aren't good, and she's had to be put on oxygen at home. Little L is a 7 yr old with MLD. He just had surgery today, but wasn't able to completely come off the ventilator after surgery. They plan on taking him off tomorrow, and are hopeful he will be breathing on his own.

Eden has slept better the past 2 nights. The new super strong medicine helps her sleep about 3 hours at a time. I can only give it twice a day, so I give it right before bed, she sleeps 3 hours, can't go back to sleep so I give her pain meds, she sleeps another few hours, wakes up and can't go back to sleep, and I give her the super strong medicine again, and she sleeps 3 more hours. She has a stuffy nose, and she has never been able to sleep well with a stuffy nose, so that just adds to the fun around here!

The medicine seems to help, though. She has been happy going on walks in her stroller, and didn't cry in the carseat yesterday. We are going to her cousin's b-day party tomorrow, so praying this will be a good night so she (and I) can enjoy the day!

I just ordered a new cable to upload photos, so I'll post some soon. Eden is getting so chubby! It's so cute!!

2 comments:

  1. Chubby Eden!!! Can't wait to see that!!! :) And glad you are able to grab more than an hour's sleep at a time... Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are both getting a bit more sleep ~ hope that continues to improve. And I'm looking forward to seeing those chubby pix!

    ReplyDelete