She had very little head control, her back was so stiff I couldn't put her in sitting position, she cried every time my mom even looked at her!!!
Now, just 11 weeks later, she's such a different baby!! She smiles all the time, and has a new "I'm so cute" smile!
She's doing so much I never would have thought she could do!!
She can:
Sit and play without support
Put her entire body weight on her legs
Point to her nose, belly, and tongue all the time, usually point to her ears, mouth, and hands
Call the Hogs WOO PIG SOOIE!!!
Do the hand motions for Itsy bitsy spider, God made the big round sun, Soy rana mediana, Fuzzy caterpillar, This little light of mine, I'm all wrapped up, all tied up (and others she has learned this week at school)
Recognize cat, dog, baby, car, ball in her favorite book
Her favorite word is "da?" (What's that?) She has learned everything has a name, and wants to know the name of everything!
She loves watching lights turn on and off (and, thanks to her pappaw, she thinks lights are to be turned on and off all the time, whenever she wants to see them go on and off!)
She's gone from throwing all toys to stacking blocks, feeding baby dolls, and putting things in and dumping them out of containers
She interacts with people she knows now, though she prefers to have mommy close by
She loves her Nana, she smiles instead of cries when she sees her!
Our biggest challenge--
FOOD!!!!
It's a challenge to get her to take 24 oz of pediasure everyday, and getting her to eat anything else is so hard! She does like guacamole and refried beans, sometimes yogurt, and carrots, potatoes, and tomato sauce with berbere. Loves ice cream and chocolate.
Though hair cream, she'll eat that!!
She sleeps pretty well, much better this week after starting school! I think she would sleep all night if I could ever get her to eat enough!!!
This week, she started therapy school. I'm part time still until November so she can ease into the change. She gets LOTS of therapy everyday. And they all love her!! Her director came to me today and said after meeting her, there are several people who work with her who have started thinking about adopting a baby with physical challenges.
I am so very amazed at how many lives she has already touched in the short time I have known her! I'm so thankful God placed her in my life!

Geez, Beth... First you had me laughing and smiling, so I wasn't expecting to tear up at the end!! I wondered how school was- for you both! If you get the chance anytime soon, I'd LOOOOOOVE to see video of Eden doing ANY of the wonderful and sweet things she has been learning to do! It's exciting to think about what Eden will be doing by the time I can next lay eyes on her!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! It's amazing how fast they change when they get home.....oh, our incredible little gals :)
ReplyDelete